OPEN WIDE YOUR HEARTS/CONFESS YOUR SINS TO ONE ANOTHER
Class #3, Transforming Friendships
Spring 2011 – Athens Church of Christ
class notes by Sam Laing
2 Cor. 6:11-13, 7:2, Philippians 1:7-8
1. Sharing your heart
- Means to let others know what is in our heart
- “we have spoken freely” – 2 Cor. 6:11
- We have to real with people to be close to them – to know and be known
- Jesus in the Garden Matt. 26:38
- Paul: 2 Cor. 2:1-4, 1 Thess. 2:8
- How does sharing your heart connect you with others?
- 2 Cor. 4:13-17/ Rom. 12:9
- What do we share? On what levels?
2. “Open Wide Your Heart” (2 Cor. 6:11-13)
- Means to let someone in, to allow them a place in our heart, allow ourselves to care
- “We are not withholding our affection from you”
- “A fair exchange” – why does openness need to be a two way street?
- Need for vulnerability
3. “Make Room in Your hearts’ (2 Cor. 7:2)
- Opening our hearts to new people, new friends
- We cannot be equally close to everyone, but we can open our hearts to new people throughout our lives
- What does it mean to withhold affection from someone?
° We don’t trust/we are protecting ourselves
° We are selfish, don’t want to invest
- Posted by Sharon Brooks
- On April 15, 2011
- 0 Comments