2 Corinthians 3:17-18
Love One Another/Devoted to One Another ~ by Sam Laing
1. A DISTINCTIVE LOVE
- What is the greatest thing about God? About the church?
- Jesus says our love for one another as His disciples will stand out, be different than anything we see in the world.
- What makes the love we see in the church different than what we see in the world, even in close-knit families outside the Kingdom of God?
- How is it that Christians can love MORE and in a DIFFERENT WAY than people outside of Christ?
- People are divided by age, race, economics, politics, and social barriers of all kinds. How does God through Christ enable those barriers to be broken down?
Other Scriptures: 1 John 3:16, 4:7-19, 1 Peter 1:22-2:2, 1 Corinthians 13:1ff
2. PARTNERS IN THE GOSPEL
Philippians 1:3-11/Acts 20:17-24, 32-38
- How does serving God together make us grow?
- How does sharing our faith together help us grow?
- Can you think of some people and relationships you have built as you have worked side by side together in the Lord?
- Can you think of some unlikely relationships you have formed in the church- ones that would never have happened in the world? How did you form them?
- What friendship or relationship in the Kingdom has changed you the most? Why?
3. TAKING STOCK, MEASURING OUR FRIENDSHIPS
- What is the difference between a “Buddy” and a Spritual Friend?
- Who are your three closest friends? Would they say the same about you?
- Who really knows you?
- Are you lonely or do you have people you feel free to open up to?
- Who do you love to be with?
- Who do you talk to on a daily or near-daily basis?